Qatar Is Worried About His Hajj Pilgrimage In Saudi Arabia
Qatar Is Worried About His Hajj Pilgrimage In Saudi Arabia – The Qatari party on one occasion reported the mistreatment of its hajj pilgrims if they travel to Saudi Arabia as the ranks of arrangements for religious events intensify.
The Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs said that given the ongoing Gulf diplomatic standoff it concerns the security of pilgrims traveling from Doha in the next few days. Qatar was accused by a group of Saudi supporters of Saudi extremism, which denied it. Early in June, media reports Local claim Qataris stopped when entering the Grand Mosque in Makkah.
“Given the current situation, the ministry remains concerned and fearful of Qatari pilgrims and a repeat of Qatari abuse in June,” read the statement.
The pilgrimage to Mecca, the most respected site in Islam, is a pilgrimage that Muslims must do at least once in their lifetime if they can do so. But ahead of the haj this year, which took place in early September, has been overshadowed by the conflict between Qatar and Arabia.
Saudi Arabia closed its border on June 5 to Qatar as part of a diplomatic crisis, but said it would reopen it for pilgrims.
Riyadh also said it would allocate seven flights from Saudi national airlines to bring pilgrims from Doha. It later accused Qatar of blocking his plane from landing in Doha. The Qatari official denied this, saying that documents from Saudi Arabia had been sent to the wrong ministry.
In a statement on Tuesday, the Doha ministry also asked Riyadh to “complete the procedure” for pilgrims traveling from Qatar, considered a reference to outstanding documents.
Doha has previously labeled the current arrangement as “illogical”. It also accused Saudi Arabia of politicizing Hajj.